Custom Software Development
Our custom development practice was established at inception in 1999, and has been the mainstay of the company's services for its first 5 years. SMC Enterprise has successfully delivered projects in its custom development competency at large organisations in South Africa, Middle East and USA.
With a team of over 50 consultants and an additional database of 300 consultants, we have the ability to deliver enterprise size software at large organisations.
SMC Enterprise has a team of skilled developers that deliver bespoke software projects on a fixed price and resource-based model. Our delivery team has a track record of consistent delivery on various projects at corporate and government clients.
Our services include:
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Business Analysis and Consulting
- Software Development and Coding
- User Interface Design
- Data Migration
- Change Management and User Adoption
With a portfolio of over 50 projects delivered, our team has experience in the
E-Commerce - Our e-commerce solutions encompasses transactional and internet
Administrative Solutions - Our team has experience in implementing and
developing systems for:
- B2C - Business to Consumer portals
- B2B – Business to Business portals
- E-Procurement – Online buying portal
- E-Recruitment – Job and recruitment portals
- Grant Management – Systems to administer and disburse grants and funds
- Document Management – Solutions to control and store the document lifecycle
- Records Management – Compliance solutions for documents and records
- Integration with ERP Systems – Enterprise Application integration
Collaboration Solutions - Our expertise in this area involves:
- Knowledge Management – solutions to optimise organisational knowledge
- Content Management – solutions to control the content in your organisation
- Workflow – Automate business processes with technology
- Business Intelligence – equip your organisation with information for decision making
Our engagement model has been refined over many years and comprises the following approaches:
A fixed project model is ideally suited to customers who have a well-defined requirement and budget. In this approach we will spend an initial session to finalise scope and provide client with a proposal.
Time and Material
This approach suits clients that do not have well-defined requirements or want ad-hoc software development services.
Support Service Agreements
Typically business critical systems that process large volumes of information require on-going support for enhancements, fine tuning and optimisation. Our support service is targeted at those clients that require the availability of regular monthly support to operate their software systems.
Outsourced Development Centre
In this model we create dedicated teams for clients in order to contain costs and retain capacity. This approach works well for long term engagements where we partner with our clients.
SMC is strategically aligned with Microsoft, SAP and Oracle technologies; and as such develop and integrate our solutions on these platforms. We have further skills on Microsoft C# , SharePoint and Dynamics CRM.
SMC Enterprise has delivered a variety of custom software projects over the last
decade. Successful and quality delivery is the cornerstone of our reputation.